Posted on March 13 2019
Being a plus size athlete is has its challenges, so we’ve created 5 health tips for you:
- Embrace your body – both mentally and physically. You have to appreciate your body and the hard work you put it through by being an athlete. Listen to your body. If your body tells you to stop, then take a break.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Drink lots of water, have a hearty breakfast, and don’t skip meals. As an athlete, you need all of the natural energy from food and water to push yourself to new boundaries.
- Find the right gear. This tip is simple – Rainbeau Curves is your answer! We offer workout gear for plus size athletes that are trendy, flattering, and supportive.
- Have fun. Finding an exercise or sport that you enjoy is half of the battle. Once you find a workout you like, there’s no stopping you!
- Be strong. The reason you choose to become an athlete is to be healthy and strong – and the strength isn’t in the scale. Every individual has her own version of strength, whether it’s to improve your speed or increase your deadlift, and that is how you track your strength.
Fitness is for everyone, and these 5 health tips will improve your athletic journey.