Posted on July 03 2019
When you first start your fitness journey, you will likely ask yourself, “where do I begin?” In order to maximize your workout, you must begin with a warm up. Here’s a list of 5 warm up exercises for beginners:
- Side lunges: In this warm up, you will stand straight with legs together. Then step your right leg out to a side lunge and bring it back in. Repeat on left side. Start where you are comfortable, and then try to challenge yourself to go to a deeper lunge each time.
- Hip bridges: For this warm up, you are on the ground laying down with your knees bent. Find a comfortable position for your knees, then thrust your hips up and down.
- Arm circles: This is a simple warm up where you stand up straight while your arms move in a circular motion. Circle your arms to the front and the back.
- Squats: Stand up straight with your legs at hip width apart. From there, you bend and straighten your legs. Make sure you maintain your posture throughout this warm up.
- Jumping jacks: This part of the warm up provides you with a little cardio as well. You jump your legs out and in while swinging your arms up and down.
It is important to make sure you warm up whichever part of your body you will be utilizing in your workout. The warm up is just as vital as the work out! Make sure to also check out our gorgeous collection of plus size workout clothes at rainbeau.com that will leave you feeling confident when beginning your workout journey.