Posted on August 02 2019
Let’s be honest – dieting is hard. What’s even harder than starting your diet is continuing the diet and being consistent. That’s why we’ve come up with the top 8 ways to keep your diet on track:
- Be realistic. Often times, people start diets by cutting things out cold turkey. This is when you have to ask yourself, “Am I being realistic?” We know every individual is different, so what’s realistic for one might not be for the next. Therefore, it’s important to know your body and your limits.
- Drink water. We cannot stress this enough – water is extremely beneficial to your health and diet. Often times, people eat out of boredom, stress, and other reasons that are not because you are actually hungry. That’s why it’s great to have a glass of water first, if you were really hungry, you will still be hungry after your drink.
- Remove junk food from the house. Everyone has their favorite snack, the one they can’t say no to. Usually, these snacks are unhealthy. Remove those weaknesses! Junk food is always okay in moderation, but keeping your cabinets clear of those irresistible items will only help.
- Healthy snacking. We can’t help snacking, sometimes our body needs it. What we can control is what we snack on. It is important to choose healthy options to stay on track with your diet.
- Think before ordering. Going out to eat with your friends and family is super common, so it’s vital to prepare yourself for these outings. When dining out, make sure to look at the menu before you go to analyze your options and drink water before and during your meal. You can even order the kids portions at restaurants!
- Always eat breakfast. The saying, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” is true. When you skip breakfast, you end up snacking more, eating bigger portions at lunch, and actually having the reverse effects.
- Weekly weigh ins. Dieting doesn’t change your body overnight, but being able to track your progress slowly is motivation. Stay up to date on where your body is at and keep pushing yourself to reach your goals.
- Sleep. An important part of dieting is sleeping. As a matter of fact, sleeping is important for reasons way bigger than this. Sleep and dieting go hand in hand as sleep is a huge factor in your health.
Following these 8 steps will hold you accountable for your dieting. We know dieting doesn’t come natural or easy for everyone. Remember – stay motivated and focused! Having fabulous workout outfits doesn’t hurt either when going through the dieting process. Check out the Rainbeau Curves collection to upgrade your wardrobe!